Sunday 18 October 2009

Here endeth the week...

My first week is now over. I have officially been here over a week now. This time last Sunday I was down in the kitchen with a cup of tea, chatting and making friends with my new housemates and eagerly anticipating a week of drunken revelry and little work - a state I plan to recreate in about half an hour.

Last night was odd. Most of the people in my house had bought tickets to Access All Areas (the campus-wide bar crawl), but when the time came to actually head out, we all found ourselves peculiarly reluctant. We were having much more fun in the kitchen, chatting and drinking (juice, obviously, being as we're students).

Eventually, however, the promise of the Cheeky Girls performing over in Derwent made us get up and leave. We had no idea where anything was, predictably, so we just went over to Vanbrugh, following the direction of the lights in the sky, until we happened across a bar or some such where something seemed to be happening.

I think we managed about two places before we gave up and went home (although I did spot a couple of people I knew out and about, which was nice), then I found another group who was just heading out as I came back. So out I went again, but that proved to be as fruitless as the last time (lost them around Vanbrugh again).

At this point, I decided that enough was enough, and so headed back and stayed up 'til 2 in the kitchen, as I seem to have spent most evenings this week.

Other than that, nothing much to report. I start lectures tomorrow (work? What is this strange concept?) and there's a Comedy Night tonight, starring Simon Bird from The Inbetweeners, which should be quite exciting. I hope he's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment